Frequently Asked Questions
· Wash items to be sterilized as you normally would. Shake off excess water from the items or dry items for a bit before putting inside uPang racks. Close the door then select your desired sterilization function. After the elapse of required times, take out the baby bottles or store them for convenience.
· uPang can be used to sterilize virtually almost anything - baby bottles, teethers, toys, remote controls, gadgets, toothbrushes, plates, cutleries, plastic containers, face masks, even clothes & make up!
· Do not sterilize items made with latex or natural rubber.
- When the AUTO function is pressed, items are dried first through infrared heat + blower and then sterilized using the dual Philips UV lights and then ventilated to remove items of smells associated with milk.
- For uPang Classic, the unit automatically shuts off once the sterilization process is done. Time of sterilization depends on function pressed. For Upang Plus, you may refer to the LED timer in the front of the unit.
- Cycle stops and resets when the (inner) door is opened midway.
- This is to ensure existing items inside the unit will not be compromised in terms of sterilization as there is no way to know if germs or bacteria were able to go in when the sterilizer door was opened.
- uPang has a dedicated odor removal through its ventilation function. Both the Auto and UV button function automatically transition to the ventilation function after completing its sterilization cycle. Should you want to do another round of ventilation function, you can do so by pressing the Ventilation function so it can run a dedicated cycle. This function is also the one that removes the odors associated to milk.
- Yes, uPang has both air vents and air filter. The air filter is located at the back of the unit. It is detachable and can be cleaned by simply placing the filter under running water.
· All units we sell is especially created for use in the Philippines with 220V/60Hz to ensure a longer appliance life.
· Gently wipe the interiors of the unit using a wet warm towel then followed by a dry cloth. For more information, you may also check your user manual.
· Yes. UV lamps as well as the infrared bulb are consumable parts, thus, it is recommended that you change it at least every 12 months or earlier, depending on frequency of usage, to ensure UV lights remain efficient enough to eliminate 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
· Replacement sets can be purchased directly from us. You can click here to purchase. Each boxed set contains 2 UV lights and an Infrared bulb.
- No, replacement sets come in boxes and each set includes 2 UV lights and an infrared bulb.
- UV lamps as well as the infrared bulb are consumable parts, thus, it is recommended that you change it at least around 12 months or earlier, depending on frequency of usage, to ensure UV lights remain efficient enough to eliminate 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
These are the items included when you purchase.
- 1 uPang main body and filter
- 1 stainless steel basket
- 1 stainless steel shelf
- 2 Philips UV ray lamps & 1 infrared ray electric lamp (pre-installed)
- User manual.
Accessories like the toothbrush holder is sold separately.
- uPang is available at selected branches of Mothercare (Active Fun BGC, Shangri-La, Eastwood, Robinsons Magnolia, Podium)
- Warranty period is 1 year upon date of purchase/delivery.
- Coverage excludes consumable parts such as the UV lights and Infrared bulb as these items need to replaced from time to time.
To avail, client will need to get in touch with the uPang customer service hotline (0908-8888107) through SMS or Viber .
Customer will need to give the ff info:
- The name the unit is registered under when it was bought
- Defect encountered with supporting photos/videos
- Date bought and proof of purchase (if applicable)
uPang will validate if unit is still under warranty and give next steps needed.
Customers will need to bring their unit to the uPang service center.
Service center location to be given by uPang Customer Service Representative once purchase is validated.
No, we only service units bought locally from accredited resellers (ie. Mothercare, Lazada, etc).